1. Koob GF. Neurobiological substrates for the dark side of compulsivity in addiction. Neuropharmacology. 2009; 56: 18-31.
2. Zarrindast MR, Rostami P, Zarei M, Roohbakhsh A. Intracerebroventricular effects of histaminergic agents on morphine-induced anxiolysis in the elevated plus-maze in rats. Basic and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology. 2005; 97(5): 276–281.
3. Ozdemir E, Bagcivan I, Durmus N, Altun A, Gursoy S. The nitric oxide-cGMP signaling pathway plays a significant role in tolerance to the analgesic effect of morphine. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology. 2011; 89(2): 89-95.
4. Capone F, Adriani W, Shumilina M, Izykenova G, Granstrem O, Dambinova S, Laviola G. Autoantibodies against opioid or glutamate receptors are associated with changes in morphine reward and physical dependence in mice. Psychopharmacology. 2008; 197(4): 535-48.
5. Zarrindast MR, Dinkoub Z, Homayoun H, Bakhtiarian A, Khavandgar S. Dopamine receptor mechanism(s) and morphine tolerance in mice. Journal of Psychopharmacology. 2002; 16(3): 261-6.
6. Hong JT, Kim HC, Kim HS, Lee YM, Oh KW. The role of nitric oxide on glutaminergic modulation of dopaminergic activation. Pharmacological Research. 2005; 52(4): 298-301.
7. Hoque KE, Indorkar RP, Sammut S, West AR. Impact of dopamine-glutamate interactions on striatal neuronal nitric oxide synthase activity. Psychopharmacology. 2010; 207(4): 571-81.
8. Anand R, Gulati K, Ray A. Pharmacological evidence for the role of nitric oxide in the modulation of stress-induced anxiety by morphine in rats. European Journal of Pharmacology. 2012; 676(1-3): 71-4.
9. Davis AM, Inturrisi CE. D-methadone blocks morphine tolerance and NMDA-induced hyperalgesia. The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 1999; 289: 1048-1053.
10. Callaly T, Trauer T, Munro L, Whelan G. Prevalence of psychiatric disorder in a methadone maintenance population. The Australian and New-zealand Journal of Psychiatry. 2001; 35(5): 601-5.
11. Kirk Morton N, Zubek D. Adherence challenges and long-acting injectable antipsychotic treatment in patients with schizophrenia. Journal of Psychosocial Nursing and Mental Health Services. 2013; 51(3):13-8.
12. Yang C, Chen Y, Tang L, Wang ZJ. Haloperidol Disrupts Opioid Antinociceptive Tolerance and Physical Dependence. The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics . 2011; 338(1): 164-72.
13. Lau Y, Petroske E, Meredith GE, Wang JQ. Elevated neuronal nitric oxide synthase expression in chronic haloperidol-treated rats. Neuropharmacology 2003; 45(7): 986–994.
14. Ponnusamy R, Nissim HA, Barad M. Systemic blockade of D2-like dopamine receptors facilitates extinction of conditioned fear in mice. Learning & memory. 2005; 12(4):399-406.
15. Garcia AM, Martinez R, Brandao ML, Morato S. Effects of apomorphine on rat behavior in the elevated plus-maze. Physiology & Behavior. 2005; 85(4):440-7.
16. Li T, Hou Y, Cao W, Yan CX, Chen T, Li SB. Naloxone – precipitated withdrawal enhances ERK phosphorilation in prefrontal association cortex and accumbens of morphine – dependent mice. Neuroscience Letters. 2010; 468(3): 348-352.
17. Hull LC, Rabender C, Gabra BH, Zhang F, Li PL, Dewey WL. Role of cd38, a cyclic ADP-ribosylcyclase, in morphine antinociception and tolerance. The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics . 2010; 334(3):1042-50.
18. Haghparast A, Shams J, Khatibi A, Alizadeh AM, Kamalinejad M. Effects of the fruit essential oil of Cuminum cyminum linn.(Apiaceae) on acquisition and expression of morphine tolerance and dependence in mice. Neuroscience Letters. 2008; 440(2): 134-139.
19. Pellow S, Chopin P, File SE, Briley M. Validation of open: closed arm entries in an elevated plus maze as a measure of anxiety in rats. Journal of Neuroscience Methods. 1985; 14(3): 149–167.
20. Walsh RN, Cummins RA. The open-field test: a critical review. Psychological Bulletin. 1976; 83(3): 482-504.
21. Shin IC, Kirn HC, Swanson J, Hong JT, Oh KW. Anxio-Lyic Effects of Acute Morphine Can be Modulate by Nitric Oxide Systems. Pharmacology. 2003; 68(4): 183-189.
22. Good AJ, Westbrook RF. Effects of a Microinjection of MorPhine into the Amygdala on the Acquisition and Expression of Conditioned Fear and Hypoalgesia in Rats. Behavioral Neuroscience. 1995; 109(4): 631-41.
23. Lesage A, Steckler T. Metabotropic glutamate mGlu1 receptor stimulation and blockade: Therapeutic opportunities in psychiatric illness. European Journal of Pharmacology. 2010; 639(1-3): 2-16.
24. O'Tuathaigh CM, O'Connor AM, O'Sullivan GJ, Lai D, Harvey R, Croke DT, Waddington JL.Disruption to social dyadic interactions but not emotional/anxiety-related behaviour in mice with heterozygous 'knockout' of the schizophrenia risk gene neuregulin-1. Progress in Neuropsychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry. 2008; 32(2):462-6.
25. Engin E, Treit D, Dickson CT. Anxiolytic-and antidepressant- like properties of ketamine in behavioral and neurophysiological animal models. Neuroscience 2009; 161(2): 359-369.
26. Wiley JL, Cristello AF, Balster RL. Effects of site-selective NMDA receptor antagonists in an elevated plus-maze model of anxiety in mice. European Journal of Pharmacology. 1995; 294(1): 101-107.
27. Hughes AL, Nutt D. Neurobiology of addiction and implications for treatment. British Journal of Psychiatry. 2003; 182: 97-100.
28. Forestiero D, Manfrim CM, Guimaraes FS, de Oliveira RM. Anxiolytic-like effects induced by nitric oxide synthase inhibitors microinjected into the medial amygdala of rats. Psychopharmacology. 2006; 184: 166-72.
29. Aghajanian GK, Kogan JH, Moghaddam B. Opiate withdrawal increases glutamate and aspartate efflux in the locus coeruleus: An in vivo microdialysis study. Brain Research. 1994; 636: 126-30.
30. Zweifel LS, Fadok JP, Argilli E, et al. Activation of dopamine neurons is critical for aversive conditioning and prevention of generalized anxiety. Nature Neuroscience. 2011; 14 (5): 620-6.
31. Adriani W, Felici A, Sargolini F, Roullet P, Usiello A, Oliverio A, et al. N-methyl-D-aspartate and dopamine receptor involvement in the modulation of locomotor activity and memory processes. Experimental Brain Research. 1998; 123(1-2): 52-9.
32. Sealfon SC, Olanow CW. Dopamine receptors: from structure to behavior. Trends in Neurosciences. 2000; 23: 34-40